Thursday, January 28, 2016

Purpose

This may not become public because no one really wants to hear about my struggles with food and health.  But I think it will be a good thing to make notes about my thoughts and efforts.

I have finally got to a weight that I could live with and not consider myself over weight.  There still have chubby spots and am in no way skinny or even slim.  I think I got to this state in a less than ideal manner, counting calories at the expense of nutrition.  With as many calories as I cut I should have lost more weight.  I was hungry too much, so I think my body did some conserving.

Weighing less didn't really solve everything.  It did help calm the fat dreams and make more of my clothes fit.  Some of the clothes I really liked are too big and sloppy on my now.  I still have too much in my closet.  I get tired of things.  Many of my clothes I never wear.  I should quit shopping.  But I find myself still searching for the ideal thing to wear on each and every occasion that might come up.

I was happy to find the Jackie Wicks "The Cheat System Diet".  It encourages nutrition. Add vegetables. Add Protein.  Never be hungry.  Eat as much as you want of some good foods.  Track portions of other less nutritious foods to keep the maximum at 10 one hundred calorie portions per day.  She calls these cheats.  Ken calls them treats.  Ken doesn't really believe in treats.  I do.

My goal has been to stop counting calories but still maintain or lose weight.  I am up and down two or three pounds, but it seems to be helping.  I have been eating dark chocolate as my main treat. But I eat white potatoes sometimes.  Ken doesn't.

I have started a weight training class with Leslie.  I am excited about that.  Muscle weighs more than fat, but it looks better.  I am still walking 10,000 steps a day except Sunday I won't worry about it.  I am buying many more vegetables and experimenting with good grains: quinoa, wild rice, black rice, green wheat etc.

I want to go get a piece of dark chocolate now.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment