Sunday, February 7, 2016

Fast Sunday

I am still refraining from counting calories, but weighing every day, even when I'm nervous about what the previous day's eating has done to my weight.  I am not losing weight, but I haven't gone over 145.  I would like to not go over 140, but I may have to quit eating sugar to accomplish that.

I have made an effort to eat protein and vegetables every meal.  I am resisting buying some things I would have bought before.  I am keeping up my 10,000 steps on every day but Sunday.  I had thought about doing weights on Saturday, but didn't.  I have signed up for another 12 classes of weight training.

I am baking some remade cookies for family dinner.  24 cookies for 13 of us.  And it is Fast Sunday.  Last Fast Sunday I didn't get hungry and didn't think of food even though I was preparing for a family dinner then too.  I think it is easier to fast until dinnertime when we have 1 o'clock church. I have decided I won't eat cookies unless they are hot.  Cold cookies are usually disappointing. I shouldn't eat anything that is disappointing unless it is really nutritious.

Ken continues to treat food as medicine, fuel, necessary for life and health rather than for pleasure.  It would be easier to maintain a low weight that way.  I am glad he is involved in improving the quality of his intake.

After some dithering, I threw away some mentor with green tea extract.  I won't do green tea even though it is supposed to help with weight loss.  When in doubt throw it out.  And don't ever loosen Word of Wisdom standards.  They should be getting better and clearer and wiser all the time.

I am grateful to have lost the taste for many things that are not healthy for me.  I was disappointed to still have problems with pre-diabetis, but not really surprised.  Also cholesterol should be better.

1 comment:

  1. Food as medicine is an interesting idea---thanks for this blog. I am reading it!

    ReplyDelete