Monday, May 23, 2016

Application

I sent the letter about addictions yesterday.  Ken had read it and approved.  We both felt I had been inspired to write it.  It was easier than it should have been.

I was able to eat no extra sugar or chocolate yesterday.  Because my calorie count was low, this morning I hit my lowest weight in eight years.

One other decision I made yesterday is interesting to me.  I have been resisting following Ken's example of tracking protein, fat, and carbs in my diet.  Since last July, he has been diligent.  I guess I  was clinging to my sins, retaining flexibility.  Hiding from what I have not wanted to know.  I wasn't sure I could do track details on Fitbit, but for $49 a year I can get the premium version.

Yesterday Ken accepted a cookie from a sister who had been given one in Relief Society, after I had refused it.  He wanted to be gracious.  He threw it away when we got home.  But after he figured out his diet for the day and realized he had extra carbs and calories, he finished off the ice cream Becca left us after family dinner last Sunday.

I don't know how often I will use this blog.  I don't know if anyone else will ever read it.  I will leave it open.

No comments:

Post a Comment